22 December 2016

Lily Cup Compact!

Intimina was nice enough to send me one of their cups for review in the summer.  I have had my eye on the compact cup since it came out!  What a neat cup.  They gave me a choice between their classic cup (anything but- it’s so streamline and also has a nice spill lip.  Hoping to try it out soon!) and their compact cup and size so of course I chose the compact cup.  The cup has been featured by Health, Fox News, Time, Today, The Daily Dot, Refinery 29, Metro, Shape, and Elite Daily.  Like other menstrual cups the Lily Cup is hypoallergenic, causes no irritation, protects balance, leaves no dryness, no fibers, no odors with no strings or padding.  They claim you can forget you’re wearing it, which is true (I have!  Eeek!).  The Lily Cup compact collapses flat into its protective case, which is the size of a lip balm tin.  When I got the cup, I was so impressed with the size and material.  It’s a silicone cup like most, but has the softness of a “peachy” cup yet it’s not quite as pronounced in texture as other “peachy” cups.  The company claims it can be used for many years and gives mild soap and water standard care instructions.

In this review I will be focusing on the compact cups Intimina offers, since that is what I have experienced.  The size A (smaller cup) is a light pink color and the size B (larger) is a more fuchsia color, just like their regular cup. I will post the Lily Cup’s size chart for you below.



Intimina doesn’t claim that the lily cup compact, even in size B is for heavy flow, but rather light to medium flow.  I find this to be particularly true. I don’t have a light or medium flow, especially when my period first starts, so I can only wear the Lily Cup for about 2 hours.  Luckily, in most cases, if I am out and this is the nice small and hygienic cup I have in my purse, it comes in clutch!  I like that I can fold it up and store it in my glove box without any problems.  It wouldn’t be a cup I grabbed for at home but the concept is great.  I do travel frequently and think it’s genius to keep in luggage or what not.  I must say, even though it’s a great idea and they’ve mastered the design, most cups are smaller than a box of tampons or pads and flexible to begin with so I am not sure there is a great need for the compact cup.  The cup is medium firm I would say!  It’s not squishy but it’s not a rock.  One of my concerns for the Lily Cup Compact was that it may not pop open very well, but surprisingly it pops open with much ease!  The stem is a hollow stem but very short.  You could cut it but I wouldn’t see why one would do that.  I may be purchasing a classic cup from them in the future.  I love the material and the company was a breeze to work with.  I think that mostly sums it up, as always ask questions if you have them.

You can find it in some Walmart’s or Target’s and definitely online.  I have a free shipping code for my viewers!  LCJENN


I want to say my thanks for this sponsored review to Intimina!  Great cup and thoughtful design.  I appreciate it being sent to me, and have suggested it to my friends who are frequent travelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment